Friday, December 3, 2010

CNet's Android Atlas..WTF?

I want to start out by saying that I really enjoy CNET. Most of their articles are very informative and fun to read. I have had a love for technology since I was old enough to use a computer. CNET has covered just about every angle of technology that I've been interested in. When I saw Android Atlas Weekly podcast I was very excited. As an avid podcast listener I enjoy shows about technology and particularly android. It took about three episodes before I realized a reoccurring theme.I had to actually think about it to to figure out why I would and every episode feeling agitated or angry. What it is is Android Atlas would point out all the problems with android. Articles about android fragmentation, articles about how to fix your Android phone and comparisons to other platforms such as apples iPhone and blackberry in which Android somehow falls short of the competition. With the seeds of doubt finally sewn, I didn't want to give up on android Atlas because I like CNET. I continued to listen to android Atlas pod casts and continued to end each episode feeling angry and agitated. Call me crazy but is this what's going on is it possible that CNET is paid to make android look bad in a backhanded sort of way? If anybody happens come across this article and read it please post in the comments any thoughts on the matter. Please check out these Android Atlas podcasts and let me know if I'm crazy or if that's really what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment